Type of role: Full time, permanent
Reporting to: Director of External Relations
Annual Salary: Between £28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Location: Central London - Tottenham Hale and/or Whitechapel
Closing date: 11th August
Welcome to Ada!
We are the Government’s National College for Digital Skills, a high performing technical college with the mission of educating and empowering the next generation of diverse digital talent. We currently employ 45 staff members educating just under 400 students and apprentices working with a fantastic range of industry partners to fulfil our mission of educating and empowering the next generation of diverse digital talent.
As a small but fast-growing college with campuses in Tottenham Hale, Whitechapel and Manchester, we have a very diverse student body from a wide range of backgrounds and are committed to using tech as a tool for social mobility. We have a wide range of talented staff members from education, corporate and non-profit backgrounds. We’re passionate about building a supportive, values driven environment for both our students and staff and this is where you come in!
What’s your mission:
We are searching for an Outreach Manager to deliver our Outreach programme in line with organisational strategy and drive recruitment of diverse digital talent into our Sixth Form and Apprenticeship programmes:
- Reach growth and diversity targets for Sixth Form and Apprenticeship programme recruitment
- Manage and deliver a broad Outreach programme to engage prospective learners and grow Ada’s profile amongst our target audiences
- Manage the administration of the learner application processes
- Be a brand ambassador for Ada ensuring school partners and prospective learners are aware of and understand our strengths and values.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage the delivery of Ada’s outreach programme to drive recruitment to the Sixth Form and Apprenticeship programme in line with Ada’s mission to engage with diverse groups of people
- Work with the Director of External Relations to establish and implement a growth strategy to ensure application volumes and conversion rates meet or exceed set targets
- Overall responsibility for the Sixth Form application process including: application communications and documentation, selection process and offers, keep warm events and enrollment recording all information within the customer relationship management tool (Dynamics 365)
- Line management responsibility for the External Relations Administrator who administrates application processes and outreach activities
- Work with the External Relations Manager to develop offline marketing tools for the Sixth Form and Apprenticeship programme, such as prospectuses and merchandise and online marketing activities to drive recruitment including paid and organic social media, search adverts and evaluate and report on the effectiveness of these to improve future recruitment
- Manage and deliver outreach activities in schools and colleges regularly delivering workshops, presentations and activities and working with careers advisors and other key stakeholders
- Manage and organise Ada’s activity at Open Days and Apprenticeship Fairs, both internal and external, and represent Ada at these
- Grow and maintain a database of apprenticeship applicants and school contacts.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards which measure data against key performance indicators. Provide and analyse outreach data for planning, presenting to internal/external audiences and for reports, bids etc.
- Give prospective parents/students and apprentices tailored campus tours.
- Responsibility for maintaining the accuracy of Ada’s Outreach related website pages.
- Responsibility for the effective management of the Outreach budget.
We’d really like to hear from you, if…
- You are inspired by Ada’s mission and excited to share it with young people aiming to dramatically impact their lives for the better (countless numbers of students have said this is what their interaction with our Outreach Managers has done for them!).
- You are willing to work flexibly, where necessary outside of normal working hours, and to travel as necessary for the role.
- You are committed to on-going personal development.
- You are a confident user of Microsoft Office and G-suite.
- You have experience of using a CRM (Dynamics 365 desirable).
- You have experience working in an outreach, admissions or customer services management role.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- You understand equality and diversity issues, and have the ability to effectively work with people from a variety of backgrounds
- You are a collaborative, personable team player, also able to work independently and take ownership of your own workload.
- You have experience of delivering paid and organic digital marketing strategies (Desirable).
- You have experience using Power BI or other Business Intelligence tools (Desirable).
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appointed to the post. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested prior to the interview day. Further information about the DBS can be found at www.gov.uk.
We care about equity, diversity and inclusion
Ada. National College for Digital Skills recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths. The following principles apply in respect of the College’s commitment to equality and diversity:
- To provide and promote equality of opportunity in all areas of its work and activity;
- To recognise and develop the diversity of skills and talent within its current and potential community;
- To ensure that all employees and prospective employees of the College are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential without receiving any unjustified discrimination or unfavourable treatment on grounds such as age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender reassignment, trans status, socio-economic status or any other irrelevant distinction;
- To provide and promote a positive working, learning, and social environment which is free from prejudice, discrimination and any forms of harassment, bullying or victimisation;
- To promote good relations between individuals from different groups.
Applicants with disabilities
Ada. National College for Digital Skills is keen to increase the number of disabled people it employs. We, therefore, encourage applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post. If you have special needs in relation to your application please contact HR@ada.ac.uk
How to apply for the role
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and answer the question: ‘What excites you most about this opportunity?’ in your email. In the subject field please write “Application for Outreach Manager” followed by your name.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references.
Thank you for your interest in the role and good luck with your application!