Delivery Officer - Manchester (Apprentice Team)
Role Overview: We’re looking for someone to play a key role at the heart of our Manchester team, responsible for supporting the Delivery Manager with multiple aspects of our growing programme offer in the North West (predominantly apprenticeships).
Nature of the role: Full time, permanent
Salary: £22,500 - £26,500 depending on experience
Location and travel: the post holder will be based in Manchester. Some overnight travel to London may be required, for which travel and accommodation will be covered.
Start date: 5th September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date for applications: Friday 12 August 2022. We reserve the right to remove the advert should an excellent candidate be identified before this date so early applications are recommended.
Welcome to Ada!
This is your opportunity to join a dedicated team who are committed to providing the best possible education and learner experience for our apprentices.
We are a specialist digital skills college training and developing diverse higher-level apprentices into fantastic roles in the tech sector and transforming their lives in the process. Our mission is to educate and empower the next generation of diverse digital talent.
We are now building our team in preparation for further growth this Autumn. We are looking to recruit someone inspired by Ada’s mission and energised by the chance to play a key role in scaling up our work and impact in the region.
We’re looking for an individual to provide an exceptional business support service to our apprentices, lecturers and wider stakeholders. As a key member of our delivery team, your expertise will help to deliver an outstanding learning environment for all.
The successful candidate will be a committed team player with excellent organisational and administrative skills. You will have experience of delivering outstanding customer service and possess the ability to develop relationships across the college.
This is a hands-on role in a small but growing team, covering project management, customer service, participant enrolment and support, administration and site management. The post-holder will have the opportunity to develop the role according to their skills and interests as the team grows.
We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and regular career progression sessions.
Main Responsibilities including but not limited to
- Support with office management for the Manchester campus; to be proactive with all emails and other communications received from stakeholders; contribute to the development of office systems and processes
- Support with the management of learner data including attendance and progress, working closely with the data team to ensure we are compliant with the ESFA.
- Prepare clear communications for apprentices and employers on delivery schedules and key milestones
- Support with delivery timetables and calendar management
- Provide other administrative and project management support as needed
Site management & health
- Health and safety; managing site access; acting as Fire Officer; organising risk assessment; conducting facilities inductions for all our new starters
- Administer first aid if needed (training provided)
● Provide additional support to apprentices including ad-hoc troubleshooting, 1:1 support
● Engage with the wider Ada team to share best practice and contribute to a culture of collaboration and support
● Be aware of and comply with the safeguarding policy, code of conduct, regulations and policies of the College and its commitment to equal opportunities.
- Experience of operations and of administrative systems.
- Very good ICT skills - Proficient in GSuite/MS Office
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Outstanding organisation skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A commitment to Ada’s mission and values and a passion for enabling everyone, regardless of background, to flourish and reach their full potential
● An awareness of apprenticeships and the apprenticeship landscape
● An interest in or willingness to learn about the digital technology landscape and digital skills ecosystem in the region
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills:
● Excels under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanour even when priorities shift
● Proactive problem-solving ability
● Adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
● An innovative self-starter, excited by the prospect of being involved in building Ada in the region.
Ada, the National College for Digital Skill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post holder will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
(DBS) checks and references will be sought from previous employers prior to commencing employment.
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths.
Applicants with disabilities
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills is keen to increase the number of disabled people it employs. We therefore encourage applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post. If you have special needs in relation to your application please contact our HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Variations to this Job Description
This is a description of the job as it is at present, and is currently at date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated, and that it relates to the job to be performed.
Sadly we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role so can only accept applications from candidates who already have the legal right to work and remain in the United Kingdom.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, outlining why you are excited by the opportunity to take on this role at Ada and how your previous experience and skill set will enable you to fulfil the role. In the subject field please write “Application to Delivery Officer, Manchester” followed by your name.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial phone conversation about the role followed by a panel interview.
Thank you for your interest and good luck with your application!