Apprenticeship Team Administrator - Manchester
Nature of the role: Full-time, permanent
Role Overview: We’re looking for someone to play a key role at the heart of our Manchester team, responsible for supporting the apprenticeship team with multiple aspects of our growing programme offer.
Salary: £24,000 - £27,500 depending on experience
Location and travel: the post holder will be based in Manchester, with a requirement to be on-site for most of our face-to-face delivery weeks. The College has a non-contractual Pattern of Work statement and a Hybrid Working Policy that should be referred to regarding flexible/remote working. Some overnight travel to London may be required, for which travel and accommodation will be covered.
Reporting to: Head of Apprenticeship Operations
Start date: 4 January 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter
The closing date for applications is 11.00 on Monday, 12 December 2023. We reserve the right to remove the advert should an excellent candidate be identified before this date, so early applications are recommended.
Welcome to Ada!
This is your opportunity to join a dedicated team that is committed to providing the best possible education and learner experience for our apprentices.
At Ada, our mission is to educate and empower the next generation of diverse digital talent. We are a ground-breaking college working closely with industry to design and deliver an education that supports our students, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds and young women, into highly skilled digital roles and to lead flourishing lives more broadly. We run a high-performing sixth form for those interested in tech as well as Higher Level and Degree Apprenticeships working with 30+ companies such as Deloitte, Expedia, Booking.com, PwC, MoneySuperMarket, Lloyds Banking Group, Bank of America and many others.
The College has grown quickly since opening in September 2016, and we now have campuses in London and Manchester.
We’re passionate about building a supportive, values-driven environment for our learners and staff, and this is where you come in!
We are building our team in preparation for further growth in 2024. We are looking to recruit someone inspired by Ada’s mission and energised by the chance to play a key role in ensuring the apprentice's experience is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re looking for an individual to provide exceptional business support services to our apprentices, lecturers, and wider stakeholders. As a key member of our delivery team, your expertise will help to deliver an outstanding learning environment for all.
The successful candidate will be a committed team player with excellent organisational and administrative skills. You will have experience in delivering outstanding customer service and possess the ability to develop relationships across the college.
This is a hands-on and varied role, but the key elements of this include participant enrolment, data management, system administration, apprentice query support and safeguarding. The post-holder will be detail-oriented, numerate and a great team player.
We are a supportive organisation which will help you achieve your goals through support and development opportunities.
Main Responsibilities including but not limited to
- Be the first point of contact for Ada’s apprenticeship team. Welcome learners on-site and proactively manage relationships within the Apprenticeship Team and with external stakeholders.
- Support office management for the apprenticeship team; be proactive with all emails and other communications received from stakeholders (Freshdesk system); contribute to the development of office systems and processes.
- Support the management of learner data, including attendance (REMS), and work closely with the delivery manager and data team to ensure we are compliant with the ESFA.
- Prepare clear communications for apprentices and employers on delivery schedules and key milestones.
- Support with delivery timetables and calendar management
- Provide other administrative and project management support as needed both in our Manchester campus and remotely (this could include supporting lecturers with the setup of Google Classrooms and with the classroom logistics)
- Be proactive in communicating missing or late apprentices with lecturers and skills coaches
- Take responsibility for the apprentice's journey together with the wider team
- Be conscious of apprentice safeguarding concerns and assist the team in implementing a support plan.
Data and systems management
- Update key team dashboards with the latest information
- Upload documentation into key systems such as The Apprenticeship Service,
- Help with the enrolment process and its compliance
Site management & health
- Supporting the Facilities Manager with health and safety; managing site access; acting as Fire Officer; covering reception
- Administer first aid if needed (training provided)
- Provide additional support to apprentices, including ad-hoc troubleshooting 1:1 support.
- Engage with the wider Ada team to share best practices and contribute to a culture of collaboration and support.
- Be aware of and comply with the safeguarding policy, code of conduct, regulations and policies of the College and its commitment to equal opportunities.
- Experience in operations and administrative systems
- Very good ICT skills - Proficient in GSuite/MS Office
- Good numeracy/literacy skills
- Outstanding organisation skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A commitment to Ada’s mission and values and a passion for enabling everyone, regardless of background, to flourish and reach their full potential
- An awareness of apprenticeships and the apprenticeship landscape
- An interest in or willingness to learn about the digital technology landscape and digital skills ecosystem
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills:
- Excels under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanour even when priorities shift
- Proactive problem-solving ability
- Adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion
- An innovative self-starter, excited by the prospect of being involved in growing Ada and its impact.
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post holder will be subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service.
(DBS) checks and references will be sought from previous employers prior to commencing employment.
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills, recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths. The following principles apply with respect to the College’s commitment to equality and diversity:
- To provide and promote equality of opportunity in all areas of work and activity;
- To recognise and develop the diversity of skills and talent within its current and potential community;
- To ensure that all employees and prospective employees of the College are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential without receiving any unjustified discrimination or unfavourable treatment on grounds such as age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender reassignment, trans status, socio-economic status or any other irrelevant distinction;
- To provide and promote a positive working, learning, and social environment which is free from prejudice, discrimination and any forms of harassment, bullying or victimisation;
- To promote good relations between individuals from different groups.
Applicants with disabilities
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills, is keen to increase the number of disabled people it employs. We therefore encourage applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post. If you have special needs in relation to your application, please contact our HR Department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Variations to this Job Description
This is a description of the job as it is at present and is currently at the date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated and that it relates to the job to be performed.
Sadly, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role, so we can only accept applications from candidates who already have the legal right to work and remain in the United Kingdom.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, outlining why you are excited by the opportunity to take on this role at Ada and how your previous experience and skill set will enable you to fulfil the role. In the subject field, please write “Application for Delivery Officer, Manchester” followed by your name.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial phone conversation about the role, followed by a panel interview.
Thank you for your interest, and good luck with your application!