We’re looking for someone with a desire to learn and contribute to become an Apprentice Software Developer.
We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that’s thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, ‘social responsibility’ is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you’ll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
We’re looking for someone with a desire to learn and contribute to become an Apprentice Software Developer. You will receive full training, support and development throughout the 2 year program and gain formal qualifications alongside additional training in both the Technology and the Investment Management domains. Once you’ve learned the basics, you will get to join multiple different established in-house development teams working on cutting edge Investment Management software solutions. This will be on a rotational basis giving you the opportunity to experience different types of development work in different business areas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ responsibilities:
- Learn to develop software using the Java programming language
- Spend 20% of your time on formal college training with our apprenticeship training provider
- Follow mentoring as specified
- Work as part of a software development team on real business applications
- Be active in developer team meetings to keep colleagues informed and to create a forum for knowledge sharing
- Skills Required
This apprenticeship is open to applicants of all ages (over 16) and genders
- GCSE (or equivalent qualification), in Maths or Science related subjects
- Genuine interest in software development
- Willingness & aptitude to learn new skills
- Problem Solver
- Demonstrates a pro-active, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Good communication and presentation skills
Work Experience – Desirable (but NOT required):
- Applied Programming (any language)
- By the end of your apprenticeship you will:
- Have obtained level 4 qualification or university degree (towards the end of your level 4 apprenticeship we offer you the choice to continue to do a full degree or convert to a junior developer straight away)
- Build according to technical direction and established patterns
- Use a number of tools and other programming languages where necessary
- Follow application & component level design, working to standards and patterns
- Propose solutions and agree those with a Senior/Lead Developer
- Follow coding standards and ensure compliance with quality measures
- Provide 3rd line support where required
- Contribute to the team ownership view of the platforms/systems you work on (everyone owns the code)
- Ensure code is tested in accordance with the guidelines
- Cope with context switching and work to deadlines
- Help the next group of apprentices find their feet.
- Be given cake…
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,500 + package
Closing Date: 21/08/2020