Junior Product Engineer
At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Role Type: Apprenticeship
Based in: Haggerston, Shoreditch N1 5AA
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us to communicate with their patients. We've just launched in hospitals and are already used by over 15% of hospitals in England. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks.
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as a Junior Product Engineer at accuRx:
Every day at accuRx as a Junior Product Engineer, you will be solving real world problems and building a product that is going to impact every single person in the UK.
You'll join a small team of incredibly talented women and men who care about what they are building and why. Together you'll be inspired by how you can fix a world-wide problem in technology. You will single-handedly change people's lives from what you are creating.
We don't mind what languages or frameworks you've used before (in fact, different experiences bring different perspectives to the table, we are always keen to hear other peoples views) - just that you're willing to break things, fix things, learn fast and carry on creating!
As this is an Apprenticeship there will be plenty of time to study and gain a foundation degree in Digital Innovation, should you complete the apprenticeship successfully.
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have a genuine interest in Software / Product Engineering and potentially work on mini coding projects in your spare time
- You can efficiently tackle problems because you can balance when to ask for help and when to proactively go off and do your own research
- You like to be challenged and enjoy digging into reason
- The healthcare industry is something you're passionate about or you already have industry experience in it.
- You're mission-driven and care about creating something amazing that will impact the lives of millions.
- Change excites you - you want to play a part in our incredible growth journey, have a voice and help us transform the healthcare industry like never before!
- Problem-solving is what you live for - you relish in the constant obstacles a start up throws your way.
- You're an excellent communicator with the ability to translate complex to simple, bringing your ideas to life.
- You share our values and we can depend on you to proactively inspire others to be dependable and committed Engineers
As this is an Apprenticeship you must also have:
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom and been a resident in the UK/EU for at least 3 years
- GCSEs or equivalent with Maths and English at grade 4 and above (A-C).
Plus one of the following:
- 3 A*-C at A-level or Equivalent (STEM subject is an advantage, but not necessary)
- BTEC National or NVQ/SVQ Level 3
- Completed an Advanced Apprenticeship (level 3)
Perks of the job at accuRx
Here are just some of the reasons why accuRx is an awesome place to work:
- Work on building a better healthcare system, with a thoughtful, smart and driven team.
- Meaningful share options, so you have a share in our success.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Flexible start and end to your day. We trust you to be productive and own your work :)
- We provide breakfast and a constant supply of fruit, snacks and drinks in the office.
- We provide lunch every day. We're pescatarian
- Monthly team dinners, we alternate between cooking in the office and heading out to local restaurants. Team favourites include making our own sushi, pizza and pasta!
- Time on the frontline - Everyone visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to truly understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
- Spill - we provide access to confidential sessions with a qualified therapist, to help support good mental health.
- Tyve - is a payroll giving scheme, where you can make a pre-tax donation to a portfolio of charities of your choice.
- Office yoga, team runs & HIIT classes.
- Annual week-long Summer Retreat, with partners and kids invited for the weekend.
- £500 annual wellness bonus - to support both physical and mental health. Use this for anything from gym memberships to meditation apps.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension scheme
Why is a diverse and inclusive workplace so important to us?
Each health system is made up of a diverse workforce, serving 100% of the population. We are building for them, not us. We can only transform health systems if we build a diverse team, rich with different backgrounds, opinions and personalities. We are an equal opportunities employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in the technology sector, such as women, people with disabilities and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 2nd October 2020