Technical Skills Coach
Welcome to Ada!
We are a specialist digital skills college training and developing diverse higher-level apprentices into fantastic roles in the tech sector and transforming their lives in the process. We work with over 30 of the most cutting-edge companies on the planet. They choose us because of the amazing quality of our teaching, learning and support.
We are growing rapidly. We have nearly 250 apprentices on roll from a wide range of backgrounds: 75% are recent school leavers, though the oldest is 42. A third are young women, one third BAME and many come from tough backgrounds. They represent over 15 different nationalities. They are united by their passion and enthusiasm for tech!
Apprentices enrol on one of three degree apprenticeships: software development, data analytics or a more generalist tech consultant programme all of which are validated by the Open University. All of our apprenticeship training is currently delivered from our Whitechapel campus, just minutes from the tube and train station.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic professionals who are keen to take on a new challenge and demonstrate their skills at teaching, sharing their expertise across a range of tech related topics with the next generation of digital pioneers. We will invest in your development so that you can develop your skills and change the lives of thousands of young people with a passion for tech desperate to break into the sector.
At Ada we are committed to ensuring our apprentices and their employers are supported throughout their apprenticeship to the highest standards. To achieve this, we are looking for fantastic skills coaches with technical knowledge to manage a case-load of apprentices, providing guidance and support ensuring successful completion of their apprenticeship and progression into full time roles.
Within the role, coaches will maintain regular contact with apprentices & their employers providing continuous guidance throughout the apprenticeship, ensuring the students stay on track and are ready for their End Point Assessment.
Coaches will typically have a case-load of apprentices and will be expected to travel across our employers, organising and running progress reviews with apprentices & employer. This is a unique opportunity to work with a wide range of employers and apprentices, understanding their strengths and areas for development and helping them develop their skills and work effectively within their organisations and teams.
Nature of the role: Full time roles available
Responsible for: being an effective supporting and coaching a caseload of apprentices
Salary: £28,000 to £31,000 dependent on relevant experience
Closing date for applications: Friday 6 March 2020. We reserve the right to remove the advert should an excellent candidate be identified before this date so early applications are recommended
Start date: ASAP
· Assessing and supporting apprentices through their apprenticeship programme
· Carrying out reviews either in person or on the phone with apprentices and line managers to monitor progress against key milestones
· Work with students to create and monitor their individual learning plans
· Providing personal and professional support to apprentices and employers
· Ensuring monthly performance updates on learners are provided to Ada
· Providing rigorous feedback on work-based learning evidence
· Managing & tracking of progression of all key programme elements
· Assessing whether apprentices are ready to enter gateway and support them to prepare for their end point assessment
· Ensuring all apprentice records are maintained and compliant to ESFA regulations
· Advising students on their work-based project (Level 5) and Synoptic Project (Level 6)
The Person will
· have experience in either Software Development or Software Engineering
· have excellent communications skills and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels
· ideally have experience monitoring and reporting on individuals progress or in coaching learners/apprentices in their career development
· be able to effectively use systems, including e-portfolio tracking system, to record and track outcomes
· have a professional working ethos to effectively build business relationships with employers
· have an interest in technology and the digital industry
· be organised and have strong time management skills
· be adaptable and patient, able to manage many priorities at once and resolve concerns with empathy and compassion.
Variation to this Job Description This is a description of the job as it is at present, and is current at date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated, and that it relates to the job to be performed.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appointed to the post. References for shortlisted candidates will be requested prior to the interview day. Further information about the DBS can be found at www.gov.uk .