Data Officer / Administrator
Ada, National College for Digital Skills is a small college in Tottenham Hale, north London and Whitechapel, east London, we have a very diverse student body from a wide range of backgrounds and are committed to using tech as a tool for social mobility. We offer a supportive culture for students and staff and our excellent industry links ensure you get regular formal and informal CPD to support your development.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive administrative support and technical know how to the Operations team, including the Business Manager and HR Manager. Working with staff within the college and any associated business, they will assist in the smooth running of the college on a day to day basis.
The core purpose of the role is to manage date and we are looking for a new colleague who has a high level of understanding of data management and its complexities and uses. There is a high demand for precision in this role and the successful candidate will be proactive, able to use their initiative and understand the need to respect confidentiality.
Ada, has recently been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted and this is an exciting time to join the team.
Our goal is to provide excellent Finance and HR support to employees and managers across our two sites in Tottenham and Whitehall and your key responsibilities will include:
• ensuring that data is up to date, accurate, accessible and well-presented for a range of stakeholders
• providing timely data that enables managers, teachers, lecturers and other key staff to accurately set targets, monitor the impact of planned changes and evaluate outcomes
• checking and monitoring the quality, accuracy and completeness of data input into the college's information systems
• ensuring that the college's commitments for the reporting of date for ILR reports and to the local authority, DfE and other agencies are met and that the data transferred is accurate and reliable
• maximising the functionality of the college's MIS by working with IT to create a synergy between the various parts of the MIS and the needs of data users
• providing accurate data for Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) in monthly data returns,
• working within guidelines to ensure the maintenance of confidentiality concerning matters and compliance to relevant deadlines
• supporting the Finance and HR Managers with all area related policies, processes and projects as required.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
● have previous Data Officer/Administrator experience and who are used to working with limited supervision
● can demonstrate the ability to undertake administrative tasks and development of effective office systems and procedures
● have the ability to work successfully as part of a team, establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices
● have the ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing and demanding environment
● have excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills
● have excellent organisational and time management skills
● enjoy working in a small, dynamic team
● have a good understanding of equal opportunities issues as they affect students, their families and colleagues
● have a strong desire to contribute to the continuous improvement of a young, fast-growing organisation
● are aligned with the values of the College in their approach to their work.
Ada, National College for Digital Skills is committed to making a difference to the lives of the students with whom we work and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Ada ethos and mission statement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Any job offer will be conditional on various, appropriate, pre-employment checks including a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check and Barred List Check; the legal right to work in the UK and satisfactory overseas criminal records checks, if deemed necessary, and supportive references.